Here are some tips for maintaining your strength training routine during the holiday season:
- Plan ahead: Make a schedule and set specific days and times for your strength training sessions. This will help you stay on track and make sure you have time for your workouts.
- Keep it consistent: Try to maintain your current strength training frequency, even if you can’t make it to the gym as often. If you normally train 3 times per week, aim for at least 2 sessions during the holiday season.
- Use bodyweight exercises: If you can’t make it to the gym, or if you don’t have access to weights, try using bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, and lunges to maintain your strength.
- Stay hydrated and nourished: Make sure you’re fueling your body properly with adequate hydration and nutrition. This will help you perform at your best during your strength training sessions.
- Don’t neglect rest and recovery: It’s important to take breaks and allow your body to rest and recover between strength training sessions. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep and taking breaks when needed.
Overall, the key to maintaining your strength training routine during the holiday season is to be consistent and make time for it, even if your schedule is busy. It’s also important to stay nourished and well-rested to ensure that you can perform at your best. Happy Holidays from all of us here at Sportswest Fit.